Reasons for idling
The inlet medium of the water pump is insufficient or the water inlet pressure is not enough, or the water inlet pipe of the water pump is blocked, or the air in the water pump cavity is not exhausted.
The hazards of idling
The main impacts on swimming pool pumps are as follows:
(1) Due to the large amount of gas in the idling swimming pool pump, it is easy to cause cavitation and cause damage to the pump body and the flow parts;
(2) The mechanical seal or packing seal is not lubricated by liquid, and dry grinding is extremely easy to cause abrasion;
(3) The balance plate of the idling multi-stage centrifugal pump is not lubricated by anyone (public number: pump steward), the balance plate will be burnt to death and damaged soon;
(4) There is no liquid in the idling swimming pool pump, the rotor parts and pump body will heat up, and the temperature cannot be cooled. Thermal expansion and contraction can easily cause some gaps (such as seal rings) to seize.
Early warning and maintenance
(1) Treat each gap position of the centrifugal pump and expand it under allowable conditions to prevent seizure;
(2) Carry out special process treatment, tempering, heat treatment, etc. to the shaft of the centrifugal pump to improve the hardness, and use low-flexibility materials to prevent large swings and seizures during idling;
(3) Use mechanical seals and packing cavities that do not need to rely on liquid media for lubrication;
(4) Use enclosed self-lubricating bearings that do not need to be refueled;
(5) Compared with other centrifugal pumps, the pump cavity of the horizontal self-priming centrifugal pump has an increased volume and has a place where water can be stored. Before the self-priming centrifugal pump works normally, the cavity must be filled with liquid. There is a period of self-priming before operation. During this period of time, air is continuously discharged to the outside of the pump. This period of time is partly idling;
(6) Set up idling induction system. The water pump is monitored in real time through modern equipment. When the centrifugal pump is idling, it immediately alarms and automatically shuts down to protect the safety of the unit.